One stone passing, two stones passing, three stones passing, four stones
Five stones passing, six stones passing, seven stones passing, eight stones passing,
Nine stones passing, ten stones.
Students sit in a circle. On the red “X’s” above, students pass stones (or bean bags) to the right. On the “off beat,” students pick up the stone that was placed in front of them.
Suggestions to make this one easier:
- On the 2/4 measures, students tap stones twice in front of them instead of passing
- Simplify the melody by singing the melody for ms. 1 on all 5/8 measures.
- Make this 6/8 by substituting all quarter notes for dotted quarter notes.
Recorder Notes: E, G, A, B
- ball and stone passing songs
- recorder EGAB songs
- songs with asymmetrical meter
- songs with mixed meter
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file