- One of the greatest composers of the Romantic Period
- Born in Poland
- Studied piano as a child and gave his first public performance at the age of 8
- Wrote his first composition at the age of 6
- Most of his compositions were written for piano.
- He did not give many public performances in his life; he earned much of his money giving piano lessons to rich people in Paris.
- Was the first major composer to devote himself to the piano.
- He innovated piano techniques for the pedal, fingering, extended reach in both hands, and musical expression.
- Had ill health much of his adult life and died at the age of 39
Extras for Plus Members
- Chopin poster (PDF)