1. Old Dan Tucker was a mighty man,
Washed his face in a frying pan,
Combed his hair with a wagon wheel,
Had a toothache in his heel.
So get out the way, Old Dan Tucker,
You’re too late to get your supper,
Supper’s over and dinner’s cooking;,
Old Dan Tucker stands there lookin’.
2. Old Dan Tucker came to town,
Riding a billy goat, leading a hound.
Hound dog barked and billy goat jumped.
Dan fell off and landed on a stump. Refrain
3. Old Dan Tucker came to town,
Swingin’ the ladies round and round,
Circle to the right, circle to the left,
Swing the girl you love the best. Refrain
Dance / Play-Party Game
Formation: [For an uneven number of players, more than 4] Partners standing next to each other, and extra player standing in the middle.
1. 4 beats – All circle left
2. 4 beats – Swing partners
3. 4 beats – Swing corners
4. 4 beats – Swing partner again.
5. 12 beats – Partners face each other, inside person takes partner by the left hand, passes on and takes the next person by the right hand, continuing to pass around the circle to original position. (During this time, center player tries to break in and get a partner, or get into the game.)
6. 4 beats – Swing partner. The one left out goes to the center.
- pentatonic songs
- songs with half notes
- animal songs
- movement / dance songs
- Old Dan Tucker Square Dancing/Movement
- 3rd grade program
- recorder DEGAB songs
- songs with low so & low la
- songs with I IV V chords
- article about the song’s history
Extras for Plus Members
Song with chords (PDF)