1. I went out to milk and I didn’t know how
So I milked the goat instead of the cow
Saw a turkey sitting on a pile of straw
A-winkin’ at his mother-in-law.
Turkey in the straw (echo)
Turkey in the hay (echo)
Roll ’em up and twist ’em with a high tuckahaw
And hit em with a tune they call Turkey in the Straw!
2. I met an old catfish, swimmin’ in the stream.
I asked that old catfish, “What do you mean?”
I grabbed that catfish right by the snout,
And turned Mister Catfish wrongside out! Refrain
- more call & response songs
- more songs about turkeys
- more Thanksgiving songs
- more songs with I IV V chords
- Same tune: I Had a Silly Chicken
- art lesson
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- MIDI file