(See downloads at bottom of page.)
- Music rearranges your molecular structure. – Carlos Santana
- Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one. – Duke Ellington
- Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the spaces between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. – Maya Angelou
- When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest. – Henry David Thoreau
- The man that hath no music in himself, let no such man be trusted. – William Shakespeare
- And the night shall be filled with music, and the cares that infest the day shall fold their tents… and silently steal away. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Music is the shorthand of emotion. Emotions, which let themselves be described in words with such difficulty, are directly conveyed to man in music, and in that is its power and significance. – Leo Tolstoy
- Through vibration comes motion; through motion comes color; through color comes tone. – Pythagoras
- When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had and never will have. – Edgar Watson Howe
Extras for Plus Members
- Printable & Digital Quotes
2 thoughts on “Music Quotes 4”
Beth, please keep this blog up as you are an inspiration and your students are very lucky to have you to help them not only become musicians and music lovers, but to grow into inquiring adults.
Diane…31 year music teacher who needs to get more tech savvy! :O)
Aww, shucks, Diane! It’s comments like yours that motivate me to keep putting in the time! 🙂 Happy New Year!