1. As I went down to Derby all on a summer’s day,
‘Twas there I saw the biggest sheep that ever was fed on hay.
And sing tithery i re-oo-ry ann,
Sing tither i o day.
2. The wool upon his back, sir, it reached into the sky.
The eagles built their nest there, and I heard the young ones cry. Refrain
3. The wool upon his legs, sir, it dragged into the ground.
‘Twas sold there in Derby for forty thousand pounds. Refrain
- more pentatonic songs
- more songs from England
- more songs from the British Isles
- more songs in 6/8
- more songs with I IV V chords
Song pdf with chords & midi below