1. Ye nations all, on you I call,
Come here this declaration,
And don’t refuse this glorious news
Of Jesus and salvation
To all the earth proclaim the birth
Of Christ the great Messiah,
As was foretold by prophets old,
2. To Abraham the promise came, and to his seed for ever,
A light to shine in Isaac’s line, by scripture we discover;
Hail, promised morn! the Savior’s born, the glorious Mediator–
God’s blessed Word made flesh and blood, assumed the human nature.
4. On the same night a glorious light to shepherds there appeared,
Bright angels said, “Be not afraid, although we much alarm you,
The angels said, “Be not afraid, although we much alarm you,
We do appear good news to bear, as now we will inform you.
5. “The city’s name is Bethlehem, in which God hath appointed,
This glorious morn a Savior’s born, for him God hath anointed;
By this you’ll know, if you will go, to see this little stranger,
His lovely charms in Mary’s arms, both lying in a manger.”
7. Then with delight they took their flight, and winged their way to glory,
The shepherds gazed and were amazed, to hear the pleasing story;
To Bethlehem they quickly came, the glorious news to carry,
And in the stall they found them all, Joseph, the Babe, and Mary.
Song pdf with chords & midi below