Dunvegan Castle is a castle a mile and a half to the north of Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye, situated off the West coast of Scotland. It is the seat of the MacLeod of MacLeod, chief of the Clan MacLeod. Dunvegan Castle is the oldest continuously inhabited castle in Scotland and has been the stronghold of the chiefs of the clan for 800 years. (source)
1. Sleep, my little child, hero tenderling,
Dream, my little child, hero fawnlike one,
High on mountain brows, be thy stagtryst,
Speed thy yew arrows straight antlerwards.
2. Sleep, my little child, Hero gentle bred,
Dream, my little child, Hero battle bred,
Skin like falling snow, Green thy mailcoat,
Live thy steeds, Dauntless thy following.
3. Horo vee lavok, Horo aily,
Horo vee lavok, Horo aily,
Dream thy hero dream, Through thy child sleep,
Hang thy shield, Lochlann-like, heavenwards.
- more songs in 3
- more lullabies
- more Scottish folk songs
- more songs from the British Isles
- more good songs for chorus
- more songs with I IV V chords
Song pdf with chords & midi below